Friday, July 24, 2009

School Supply Challenge

With all the fuss about school supplies, I thought I would challenge myself to see how much I spend. Below is a list of my son's (1st grade) school supply list, each week I will update you on what I buy, how much it cost, where I bought it, and a grand total at that point.

My School Supply List:
4 bx of 24ct crayons
4 bottles white glue
Scissors (pointed)
2 pkg #2 pencils (solid color only)
2 bar erasers
1 pkg 8ct washable markers
1 small school supply box
1 box Ziploc bags (sandwich size)
2 spiral notebooks
4 two-pocket folders
1 clipboard FREE - had from last year
1 8ct watercolor paint set
2 boxes tissue
1 pkg baby wipes
1 roll of paper towels (BOYS ONLY)
1 box band aids (GIRLS ONLY) NA
1 pack of unlined note cards

GRAND TOTAL: FREE

**My challenge to Things Mommies Love readers: Comment with your school supply list and see how much you spend. Remember to update your list with each week - please include cost, where it was bought, and grand total at that point. PLEASE BE HONEST BECAUSE THE TOTALS WILL BE PART OF A GIVEAWAY LATER**

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the challenge on my site, thanks! This should be fun and hopefully not expensive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my link from my blog, I cannot believe how much I saved! The schools "Premade" kit was $25!
    http://iheartshoppingmomma.blogspot.com/2009/08/school-supply-challenge.html

    jellibeenz1978@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete